Wednesday, January 27, 2010

On Shoes



I recently took it upon myself to make a pair of shoes.  They turned out more like moccasins, being made entirely out of leather, but they serve as decent footwear and are quite comfortable.  I first decided to make these shoes after I tried to make a pair of slippers (bottom right).  The slippers didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but I learned a bit about making shoes in the process.  If you take a second to consider your feet, you'll realize how awkwardly shaped they are.  It's no simple task to make a pattern that will cover your foot and provide your piggies with a cozy place to reside.  I found a design online and adapted it to make the shoe you see above. I liked the design because it uses a single piece of leather and forms nicely around your toes.  The shoes look like they could be from the Stone Age though, so I'm probably not winning any fashion awards with this one.




0 comments:

Post a Comment