Monday, July 13, 2009

It started in a bar on a Friday night...

We were celebrating Rachel's 21st at Sophia's in downtown Davis when the texting service Chacha was brought up in conversation. (Text any question to chacha (242242) and they'll respond within minutes with an answer. Pretty amazing, right?) We decided to put Chacha to the test and were coming up with questions to ask. Wondering what kind of response we would get from a subjective question, we wondered, why not ask if we should dye our hair blue? Rachel and I entered our texts, but before we sent them, we pinky swore we would do as Chacha said. Unfortunately, we both received a text along the lines of "pursue what your heart says." Again we texted Chacha, "yes or no?" No more than a minute had gone by when Rachel received the resounding, "Yes, of course you should dye your hair blue!" While again I received the less definitive answer to do what my heart told me. We decided however that this was close enough to a positive response! Not wanting to have her hair permanently dyed, we agreed before hand that temporary dye would suffice for Rachel.

Sunday came and Nick decided he would join the dye fest... here Carissa is giving a bit of dyeing instruction as Nick and I start the bleaching process.
Bleached hair! I'm kind of shocked looking in the mirror for the first time. :O

Here comes the blue....

.... and shampoo and rinse, shampoo and rinse, shampoo and rinse...

I have blue hair now! woohoo! (and I look like a Nerf dart, haha)

Rachel, you're next!

2 comments:

Greg said...

how long did that bright blue hair last? I hope you didn't have any interviews

Glenn Langton said...

It didn't last more than a week. Then it turned an ugly gray color!

Post a Comment