Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Davis Photo Project: The Results


Though most of the cameras went missing, I am thoroughly impressed by the results of the surviving Craft Center camera. Being a disposable camera, the image quality is not always great, but people's creativity and the effort they put into going places with the camera exceeded my expectations. Some of the photos (likely taken at night?) didn't come out and weren't included in the slide show. Also, a few others were taken by a friend of mine to finish off the roll of film. Many thanks to those who helped me with the project and all those I don't know who contributed to the project to make it happen.

I'd love to hear from the people who took the photos! Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas about the project or suggestions on how future projects could be made better by commenting on this post. Thanks again!

7 comments:

Kimmi said...

Yay! Great idea! You could post some cameras at UCLA or somewhere near home too, and you could post one near the art building so all the artsy ppl can take creative pics. This is so awesome!

Anonymous said...

Please do this again! I missed out. Also the Craft Center was a good idea, but I feel the MU is too populated for the cameras to go safely, maybe. Olson probably would be a good place, as might Giedt (do they have bulletin boards?).

Mercutio Stencil said...

Aww....the camera I used got stolen, I'm surprisingly bummed.

Anonymous said...

I took picture #24 on the camera at the MU--who would steal it for 2-3 more lousy pictures?

N said...

This was a great idea! My sister and I took about 5 photos on the camera at the MU. I can't believe people stole so many of them! That is Lame!

Glenn Langton said...

The missing cameras never showed up, but I hope to do another similar photo project in the future though it probably won't be in Davis. Camera placement seems to be an important factor in whether or not the cameras are taken, so I'll choose the locations for the next project carefully. Thanks for contributing to the project!

Eric said...

Aw, I wish I were still in Davis when you did this. I've seen this done before, but with the cameras tied down to objects with string or chains. I definitely want to try this at UCI sometime!

Post a Comment