Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Census Burro


A typical phone conversation at work:

United States Census Bureau, Glenn speaking, how may I help you?

Hello? I missed a call from this number... who is this?

You've reached the administration department at the Van Nuys local census office, what did your message say sir?

I wasn't left a message, what is this about? I already turned in my census form.

It's possible you could have been called in regards to a job opportunity sir, but please listen to your message and call back.

Oh! ya, I took that test thing to work for the Census Burro, I'll listen to my message.

[hangs up]

United States Census Bureau, Glenn speaking, how may I help you?

Ya, I was just talking to you.  I listened to my message... so does this mean I'm hired?

No, sir, you have to be interviewed and selected before you are hired.  What was the job reference number given in your message?

Oh, I needed that? I didn't write it down.

Please spell you first and last name for me, sir.

My name's Alejandro Velasco-Ortega.

Please hold while I look up your file.

[call continues....]

0 comments:

Post a Comment